Teutonia (German) Club

  • Teutonia (German) Club
Teutonia (German) Club
S$ 100.00
Item Code : L0603CLU
Availability: In Stock
Artist/Cartographer: G R Lambert
Image size: 370mm x 260mm
* Method:

QTY :

Description:
The Teutonia Club was inaugurated 2 June 1856 in a small house on North Bridge Road. Six months later it moved to Blanche House on Mt Elizabeth. In 1861 the club bought land near the junction of Scotts and Orchard roads, where they built their first clubhouse ca.1862. By 1890 larger premises were needed. An adjoining parcel of land was purchased and built the new Teutonia Club. Designed by R.A.J. Bidwell of Swan and Maclaren, this opened in 1900. This was seized as enemy property by the colonial authorities in 1915. It was subsequently sold at public auction to the Manasseh brothers who renamed it Goodwood Hall, and converted it first into a Reception Hall, then in 1929, into the Goodwood Park Hotel.

All our reproduction photographs are double matted (unless otherwise stated) and ready for framing.
*Please note colour of the actual reproduction photograph is slightly different from what you see here.