Singapore Cricket Club

  • Singapore Cricket Club
Singapore Cricket Club
S$ 100.00
Item Code : L0252CLU
Availability: In Stock
Artist/Cartographer: G R Lambert
Image size: 380mm x 230mm
* Method:

QTY :

Description:
Inaugurated in 1852, the Cricket Club began life in a humble hut under the angsana trees in the western corner of the Padang. The second clubhouse, a single-storey affair, was completed on the present site in 1877. The third, built in 1884 with a cast iron frame and wrought iron verandas, was the work of Swan & Maclaren who won an architectural competition for its design. In 1906-07 two wings were added and in 1922-23 wings, also designed by Swan & Maclaren were added north and south, the floor level was raised and a new verandah facing the Padang was added. The Cricket Club, together with the Singapore recreation Club at the opposite end of the Padang are responsible for the upkeep of the Padang. The distinctive clock tower of the Victoria Memorial Hall & Theatre rise behind the roof.

All our reproduction photographs are double matted (unless otherwise stated) and ready for framing.
*Please note colour of the actual reproduction photograph is slightly different from what you see here.