Medical Hall, Battery Road, Chartered Bank

  • Medical Hall, Battery Road, Chartered Bank
Medical Hall, Battery Road, Chartered Bank
S$ 100.00
Item Code : L0231RP
Availability: In Stock
Artist/Cartographer: G R Lambert
Image size:
* Method:

QTY :

Description:
The Medical Hall which was founded in 1882 by two Germans and set up as a dispensing chemists with consulting doctors, stands on the corner bounded by Fullerton Square, Battery Road, and Collyer Quay. It remained the sole surviving 19th century building in the square for several years, until it was demolished to make way for the Straits Trading Building in the 1970s. Next door stands Gresham House, this was occupied mainly by McAlister & Co., their sign partly visible in this view, who moved their main office to these premises in 1893. Opposite, at the corner of Flint Street and Battery Road is the Standard Chartered Bank Building, first occupied 5th Feb., 1895. This was taken down in 1950 and replaced by the China Building which in turn bit the dust in 1950.

All our reproduction photographs are double matted (unless otherwise stated) and ready for framing.
*Please note colour of the actual reproduction photograph is slightly different from what you see here.