Raffles Place

  • Raffles Place
Raffles Place
S$ 100.00
Item Code : L0434RP
Availability: In Stock
Artist/Cartographer: G R Lambert
Image size:
* Method:

QTY :

Description:
Looking towards the northern end of Raffles Place the view is dominated by the second Chartered Bank Building. Completed by 1915, this was demolished in 1981 to make way for the present building which was completed in 1984. Behind it rises the tower at the rear of Guthries Building. The substantial edifice on the left is Robinson's Department store which burned down in November 1972. Opposite stands John Little's three-storey store which replaced former two-storey premises in 1910. This was bought over by Robinsons, then sold to developers who demolished this distinctive landmark in 1973. In 1982 Shell Tower was built on the site. Both retail establishments have since moved with the times, yet remain opposite each other on either side of Orchard Road, which replaced Raffles Place as the main shopping and commercial centre in the 1960s.

All our reproduction photographs are double matted (unless otherwise stated) and ready for framing.
*Please note colour of the actual reproduction photograph is slightly different from what you see here.